[libvirt-users] How to use Python Binding with Lbivirt.

Hubert Zhang xuebo at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 23:15:29 UTC 2012

When I run the python test code I got the SASL error. But it's ok if I run the C sample code. Do you know the reason?

Here is the message:
libvir: RPC error : authentication failed: Failed to start SASL negotiation: -4 (SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "esxList.py", line 101, in ?
    conn = libvirt.openAuth(uri, auth, 0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 102, in openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: authentication failed: Failed to start SASL negotiation: -4 (SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found)

Thanks,

-Hubert