[libvirt-users] error : virPidFileAcquirePath:345 : Failed to acquire pid file '/home/corey/.libvirt/libvirtd.pid': Resource temporarily unavailable

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 03:17:43 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 08:05 PM, 何鑫 wrote:

> Yeah, I have check the default path, so I am confused that why I can't find "libvirt-sock", when I start libvirtd manually. How do you start self-built libvirtd?

My personal usage on Fedora is to use './autogen.sh --system', then
'make', then './run daemon/libvirtd'.  That starts libvirtd in the same
place that the system libvirtd is installed, but serves up
qemu:///system, not qemu:///session.  To be honest, I haven't really
done much testing with qemu:///session, self-built or otherwise, and
since you are not on a Fedora system, I'm not sure whether ./autogen.sh
--system would even work for your distro's layout.

But I just tested that connecting to qemu:///session on my system
created /var/user/eblake/libvirt/libvirt-sock as a socket; given my
current settings of $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR and the fact that my self-built
setup picked the same configure arguments as my distro, rather than
using /usr/local as my prefix.

> Thanks a lot!
>
> From: itxx00 at gmail.com

Is there any way you can convince your mailer to not top-post, and to
wrap long lines?