[libvirt-users] move VM disk images between storage pools on the same host

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 7 21:13:03 UTC 2012

I created a new LVM type storage pool on my server and would like to move my
VM disk volumes in a directory-based pool into this new pool.  But I cannot
figure out how that is done.  I find plenty of information on how to migrate
live VM images from one host to another, but not on how to just move one live
from one storage pool to another on the same host.

If it cannot be done live, how an I do it non-live?  I guess non-live I could
clone, but that would change the MAC address.  Just seems that if libvirt
can migrate live it should be able to move a VM between storage pools
on the same host even easier.

Paul Raines                     http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street     Charlestown, MA 02129	    USA

dispose of the e-mail.