[libvirt-users] move VM disk images between storage pools on the same host

Paul Raines paul.raines at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 22:18:58 UTC 2012

Can you show me how one would use vol-download and vol-upload to do this?
I cannot figure it out from the docs.  What I have in the old directory
based storage pool is:

virsh # pool-info vmback
Name:           vmback
UUID:           7a8ab88b-42a9-f4c9-128e-83adea324b9a
State:          running
Persistent:     yes
Autostart:      yes
Capacity:       885.88 GB
Allocation:     65.57 GB
Available:      820.31 GB

virsh # vol-list vmback
Name                 Path
lost+found           /vmback/lost+found
pool.xml             /vmback/pool.xml
ruby.img             /vmback/ruby.img
surfer-1.img         /vmback/surfer-1.img
webtemplate.img      /vmback/webtemplate.img

The new one (LVM) is:

virsh # pool-info vmpool1
Name:           vmpool1
UUID:           a95f6f30-b035-7750-6b7d-77953ee7d9af
State:          running
Persistent:     yes
Autostart:      yes
Capacity:       1.76 TB
Allocation:     0.00
Available:      1.76 TB

And I want to move the ruby domain (single disk file ruby.img) to it.