[libvirt-users] the acl mode of files created by libvirtd

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 21:23:37 UTC 2012

On 11/11/2012 10:11 PM, Hao.Zhang wrote:
> Hi, all
> I use virsh save command to dump a domain, the mode is 0600,
> and belongs to "root", how can i change the mode?

Unfortunately, I don't think libvirt code currently has any solution for
specifying an alternate owner for dump files.  Perhaps something could
be added to /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf, alongside the user/group settings
that qemu will run under.  Also, when using 'virsh save' followed by
'virsh restore', libvirt ensures that the restore will (temporarily)
change permissions as needed on the file to be legible by qemu even if
the save file didn't have those permissions.

[Your mail came through twice.  There is no need to resend mail to this
list after subscribing; non-subscribers are allowed to post, and there
is a moderation delay on first-time posts whether or not you subscribe.]