[libvirt-users] IPV6 configuration

Patrick Chemla patrick.chemla at performance-managers.com
Tue Nov 13 21:05:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am running package libvirt-0.9.11.6-1.fc17.x86_64 on a
kernel-3.6.5-1.fc17.x86_64 Fedora 17.

I have set up the host with an IPv6 address, and I made some successfull
tests transferring in IPv6 mode to/from other hosts.

I want to set up libvirt to get an IPv6 address for his local network
interface, same for the guests.

I want the guests to be able to communicate directly on the internet
through this ipv6 address.

I have had a <ip family="ipv6" address="2001:xxxxxxx" /> line to the
/etc/libvirtd/qemu/network/default.xml file but when I restart the host,
this line disappears and no ipv6 address is added to the libvirt interface.

I have added an ipv6 address to the guest in the same range of the host
address. I can ping6 the address locally on the guest, but can't access
the host.

Is there somewhere a howto-libvirt-ipv6 to understand how to set up the
whole stuff?

Thanks for help
Patrick