[libvirt-users] Multicast with KVM NAT networking

james pedia jamespedia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 18:36:24 UTC 2012

I used omping to test multicast between 2 KVM VMs under same physical host, and
it is not working in terms of multicast (normal pings/ssh works between
these 2 VMs).

How to enable multicast for KVM guests running under NAT networking mode
under the same physical host?

Per some doc from RedHat, it would be very slow using NAT with multicast
for KVM. I have to use virbr0/NAT mode since I am using wireless. So
although it would be slow, it should still work, but this is not the case
for me.