[libvirt-users] [libvirt] Connection using Java

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 16:04:30 UTC 2012

[dropping libvir-list - this is not a development question. Also, please
don't top-post on technical lists]

On 10/02/2012 09:57 AM, Felipe Oliveira Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi Eric, thanks for reply
>
> My netcat version is v1.10-38 and I am using Debian on 192.XXX.XXX.XX
>
> # nc -h
> [v1.10-38]
> connect to somewhere:    nc [-options] hostname port[s] [ports] ...
> listen for inbound:    nc -l -p port [-options] [hostname] [port]

Lame - that didn't say which -options are supported.

> exception caught:org.libvirt.LibvirtException: End of file while reading
> data: /bin/netcat: invalid option -- 'U'
>
> I have files on the client machine that are /usr/bin/ncat , /bin/netcat and
> /etc/alternatives/netcat. I am not sure which I should use.

I'm not much of a debian user myself, but you'll want to make sure that
whichever app you use is one that supports -U for connecting via a Unix
socket.  You may want to ask more on debian lists on how to properly
configure your desired netcat.