[libvirt-users] Libvirt mpiexec networking issue

Shawn Furrow sfurrow at vt.edu
Fri Oct 12 12:53:16 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place to put this question since I'm not sure
if it's a Libvirt issue but...

I currently have two VMs up with networking and I can successfully ssh to
and from each VM and I have confirmed that I can successfully download
things from the internet. However, when trying to run mpiexec (which uses
ssh), the connection fails and gives me the following errors:

[proxy:0:0 at guestVM] HYDU_sock_connect (./utils/sock/sock.c:188): unable to
connect from "guestVM" to "guestVM" (Connection refused)
[proxy:0:0 at guestVM] main (./pm/pmiserv/pmip.c:205): unable to connect to
server guestVM at port 56514 (check for firewalls!)

Just so it is clear, I know that the two guests host names are the same
(they are clones) but I am giving explicit IP address for the connection so
it should not be an issue. Does any one know if there is something unique
with how Libvirt networking is set up that would cause such an error? I
have tried checking for firewalls and there don't seem to be any.

Thanks,
Shawn

--
Virginia Tech
Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering