[libvirt-users] Using libvirt to monitor virtual environment.

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 16:31:54 UTC 2012

On 10/18/2012 08:02 AM, Vinicius Gonçalves Braga wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am new with libvirt. I am working to create a program to monitor a
> virtual environment. I have seen some solutions that use libvirt. Is this
> API good to make monitoring operations? I didn't see operations that show
> the CPU or memory usage, at least in Java binding. Are there operations
> like these, or we have to calculate based on lower level informations?

You may be interested in looking at 'virt-top', which is an example of
tracking CPU usage on top of libvirt APIs, for how best to do things.  I
don't specifically know of a Java client that does the same, but it
should be fairly straightforward to translate the API calls used by
virt-top into the Java bindings for libvirt.