[libvirt-users] start and stop a VMware VM using libvirt API

Hi,

I am a new libvirt user and I wonder if I can use this library to start or stop a VM in ESXi 5.0.
For example to write an application using libvirt in windows or linux that connects to an ESXi 5.0 server and get the list of VMs and start one of them.

If so, is there any sample about it?

Thank you,
Ali