Re: [libvirt-users] Questions and a blockpull issue

On 10/23/2012 12:51 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
For snapshots, that all depends on what you want to do with the snapshot
- if you want to ever revert to the snapshot (and boot from that state),
then quiescing makes sense; but if snapshots is only an intermediate
step as part of a larger sequence of operations and you will then remove
the intermediate files via blockpull and/or blockcommit, then quiescing
is not necessary.

Oh and one last question. Since qemu-ga does not support quiescing Windows domains, what do you suggest in that case. I know this is not a libvirt specific question but I shall appreciate any ideas.

/Abbas