[libvirt-users] start and stop a VMware VM using libvirt API

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:06:12 UTC 2012

Okay, now I see the problem, old libvirt hat an ESX version check that
was to restrictive. There is no fundamental problem here.

It seems that you used the precompiled installer from here
http://libvirt.org/windows.html

Unfortunately that one is quite old, and should be updated. Current
libvirt version is 0.10.2, this one definitely works with ESXi 5.0.

There is a set of scripts that is used to build the content of the installer

https://github.com/photron/msys_setup

You can follow the instructions that come with the scripts to build libvirt.

You could also wait until I had time to update the installer. I think
I'll be able to provide a new version in the next days.

--
Matthias Bolte
http://photron.blogspot.com