Re: [libvirt-users] Questions and a blockpull issue

On 10/22/2012 11:55 PM, Abbas wrote:
> On 10/23/2012 12:51 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
>>> For snapshots, that all depends on what you want to do with the snapshot
>>> - if you want to ever revert to the snapshot (and boot from that state),
>>> then quiescing makes sense; but if snapshots is only an intermediate
>>> step as part of a larger sequence of operations and you will then remove
>>> the intermediate files via blockpull and/or blockcommit, then quiescing
>>> is not necessary.
>>
> Oh and one last question. Since qemu-ga does not support quiescing
> Windows domains,

What gives you that impression?  That's actually one of the things that
qemu-ga is SUPPOSED to be able to do, if you install it into your
Windows guest.

> what do you suggest in that case. I know this is not a
> libvirt specific question but I shall appreciate any ideas.

Questions and bug reports about what qemu-ga can or can't do on Windows
are probably better directed to the qemu mailing lists.