[libvirt-users] using vbox driver hypervisor support

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 14:33:05 UTC 2012

On 10/23/2012 12:24 AM, p.venkatasrinivas at tcs.com wrote:
> Hi,

Hello.  I noticed you sent your mail twice, once to libvir-list and once
here; as it is not about libvirt development, this is probably the
better list so I will only answer here.

> I installed Libvirt. We need virtualbox support for libvirt.  But we are
> unable to see the vbox option in virt-manager.  How we can find vbox
> hypervisor driver?

Are you sure that the libvirt you installed was built with vbox support
compiled in?

> And also we already compiled libvirt with vbox option.(--with-vbox).  But
> that didn't work. And also when we are creating the new virtual machine
> through virt-manager we are getting the following error:
>
>   internal error cannot parse QEMU version number in ""

What command are you using when you get this message?  Are you
specifying an explicit URI, such as 'virsh -c vbox:///... list'?  This
particular message makes it sound like you forgot the -c argument, and
thus are using the default URI which happened to be qemu:///system
instead of your desired vbox connection.

This is a publicly-archived mailing list, where such disclaimers are
unenforceable and considered poor netiquette.  You might want to
consider sending mail from a personal account that doesn't have this
junk slammed on by your employer.