[libvirt-users] Re-sizing qcow2 images

Rajesh Kumar Mallah mallah at tradeindia.com
Sun Oct 28 06:43:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

If you have a spare guest you may consider temporarily attaching the said
cow2  image to that guest and use the partition tools (like parted , fdisk,cfdisk etc)
and filesystem tools (like xfs_grow , resize2fs etc) to grow the filesystem.

use partprobe to reread the partition table into the kernel once partition editing
tools are used.

re-read of mounted root partions mostly do not work for me. hence i suggested using
a separte vm for the image.

Regards,
Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Tel. 91-11-46710500 (Ext:303)
Cell +919811255597
Website: http://www.tradeindia.com/
\|/ \|/ \|/   stop printing   \|/ \|/ \|/
 |   |   |    start planting   |   |   |