[libvirt-users] [libvirt] can not create "qcow2" format volume by Java library.

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 18:38:12 UTC 2012

[dropping libvir-list unless we can prove this is a development issue
and not a usage problem]

On 10/30/2012 02:03 AM, zhijun liu wrote:
> hi,all,
>
> when I use Java library to create volume ,specified format "qcow2",but when
> I check it use qemu-img info ,it show format is "raw".。

Can you show the exact code you used?  Did you go through a binding
where you passed an XML string, or where you passed individual pieces
and the Java bindings built up the XML string on your behalf?

Can you get things to happen correctly when using 'virsh' or even using
C bindings instead of Java, to rule out whether it is a bug in libvirt
proper or just the Java bindings?

> I think it a bug,can you fix it .. thanks very much.
>
> the java library version:0.4.8
>
> libvirt version:0.9.8

I'm not aware of any recent bug fixes in virStorageVolCreateXML (the
underlying C API that the java library should be calling), but you might
also want to try with 0.10.2 or even 1.0.0-rc2 to see if newer versions
have solved the problem.