Re: [libvirt-users] error : virPidFileAcquirePath:345 : Failed to acquire pid file '/home/corey/.libvirt/libvirtd.pid': Resource temporarily unavailable

On 10/31/2012 02:06 AM, 何鑫 wrote:

[please don't top-post on technical lists]

> Thanks for your reply! I have solved the problem.
> Could you please give me some tips for another question?
> When I start libvirtd using "libvirtd -d", the process could be found by "ps". But I also can't search "libvirt-sock", because it fails to create after libvirtd starting. The configuration file isn't existed in default paths, as well as Sockets. When and how could both files create?

libvirtd creates libvirt-sock in a directory selected by the arguments
you passed to configure.  The configuration file is optional (it is up
to you to create it if you want it - libvirt merely reads it if it exists).

>  Configuration file (unless overridden by -f):      $HOME/.libvirt/libvirtd.conf
>     Sockets:      $HOME/.libvirt/libvirt-sock (in UNIX abstract namespace)

Hmm - I wonder if we have a flaw in our documentation - the name
$HOME/.libvirt/libvirt-sock implies that the socket is NOT in the
abstract namespace; I know we recently changed where qemu:///session
looks for its socket, but I don't remember if the change was from
abstract to named, or from named to abstract.

But really, a lot of your questions sound like they are all stemming
from the fact that you are building your own libvirt, but not setting
the same configure arguments as your distro, and then you are
mis-matching self-built and distro files which have been configured to
look into different locations.  My advice would be to rebuild libvirt
using the same configure arguments as your distro, so that everything
looks in the same place.