[libvirt-users] error: Failed to start pool (already mounted)

Ragnar Skúlason raggi at greenqloud.com
Mon Sep 3 15:42:25 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I have storage-pool that for some reason became inactive (possibly due to
an error with pool-refresh in an old version of a Java API binding).

I want to restart the pool but am unable to, due to the volume being
mounted:

# virsh pool-start [uuid]
error: Failed to start pool [uuid]
error: Requested operation is not valid: Target '/mnt/[uuid]' is already
mounted

We have tested this with versions 0.9.12 and 0.9.13.

Is it possible to bypass this mount check and start the storage pool
(forcefully)?

Many thanks,
Ragnar Skúlason