[libvirt-users] Live Block Migration with additional attached storage

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 11:28:24 UTC 2012

On 09/07/2012 03:00 AM, Chun-Hung Chen wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> As QEMU 1.2 is released, I don't find the feature you describe in the
> change log. http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/1.2
> Does it mean that we will not have this feature in the coming release?

Unfortunately, you are correct that 'drive-mirror' and 'block-commit'
did not make qemu 1.2, so you now have to wait at least another three
months for qemu 1.3 for it to be official.  However, the patches are
receiving active review upstream, and may hit qemu.git sooner than that
(and as soon as they DO hit qemu.git, I won't mind applying the libvirt
side of things, so we may have libvirt support as soon as the 0.10.2
release).

drive-mirror hasn't seen a repost since v1, but Paolo expects to post v2
soon:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-07/msg03082.html

block-commit is at RFC v2, and Jeff expects to post a non-RFC v3 soon:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-08/msg05079.html