[libvirt-users] How to pass info to a guest?

Renich Bon Ciric renich at woralelandia.com
Thu Sep 20 14:47:01 UTC 2012

Hello,

I would love to be able to pass information to a Guest. For example:

- I'd love to sync the root password with the VNC/Spice one
- I'd like to be able to inject stuff to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys

All of these at boot time.

How would I do it? I'd make these files/strings available in the BIOS
or something; maybe some kind of storage local to the host and guest
as well. Then, I'd create a systemd script that checks these and syncs
stuff @ reboot time.

I don't know how to make this local storage available or if it is
doable to insert this info into some BIOS string; obtainable with
dmidecode or something. It would be awesome if this could be dynamic
as well.

Any feedback is appreciated!
--
It's hard to be free... but I love to struggle. Love isn't asked for;
it's just given. Respect isn't asked for; it's earned!

http://www.woralelandia.com/
http://www.introbella.com/