[libvirt-users] prefer_msi=on in xml file

klak2 klak2 at gmx.net
Sun Sep 23 16:14:59 UTC 2012

Hello,

here is a problem with KVM passthrough of TechnoTrend S2-6400.
Bug report is done.

The last answer of the debian maintainer:

--> Please check with lspci -vv whenever your device is MSI-capable,
--> and if yes, try to add prefer_msi=on to the pci-assign device
--> argument -- like, from your original report,
-->
--> -device pci-
assign,host=08:00.0,id=hostdev0,configfd=23,bus=pci.0,addr=0xa,prefer_msi=on
-->
--> I don't know how to add this to libvirt however, maybe they have
--> some knobs for that nowadays.

and now my question:

How do I add the parameter "prefer_msi=on" to the xml file?

Thank and greets klak2