[libvirt-users] Xen Paravirtualized Guest and drive order

Cyril Peponnet cyril at peponnet.fr
Tue Sep 25 12:20:58 UTC 2012

Hello,

When defining a paravirtulized xen guest and use pygrub as a loader, it
will seek into the first drive defined in order to fetch the kernel and
boot the machine.

As the boot tag is not used, and boot order seems to have no effect, I try
to define the disk I want the kernel been seeked as first in my xml
definition.

Unfortunately, after defining the vm, the order is not kept. As I have
seen, the order is made by alphabetical order.

I mean if I define a disk as xvda and a cdrom as xvdc, the first drive will
be the disk xvda.

To be able to make the cdrom first I need to define xvda as a target for
cdrom and xvdb or xvdc ... for the disk.

It is not really usefull...

Is there any way to keep the order of drive as defined in the xml config
file ?

Thanks