[libvirt-users] Libvirtd dead, pid still exists. ( Problem might be with TLS interface of libvirtd )

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 13:24:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 03:14:58PM +0200, SHREE DUTH AWASTHI wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Please find the requested output.
>
> # ulimit -a
> core file size          (blocks, -c) 1000000
> data seg size           (kbytes, -d) unlimited
> scheduling priority             (-e) 0
> file size               (blocks, -f) unlimited
> pending signals                 (-i) 63706
> max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
> max memory size         (kbytes, -m) unlimited
> open files                      (-n) 1024
> pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
> POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
> real-time priority              (-r) 0
> stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
> cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited
> max user processes              (-u) 1024
> virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited
> file locks                      (-x) unlimited

Ok, so ordinarily gnutls would initialize libgcrypt disabling secmem.
Libvirt, however, needs to register thread callbacks with gcrypt. Doing
this in turn disables gnutls' setup code. So secmem is left enabled.
This is not an issue on most distros, since they allow users to mlock
sufficient memory.

Anyway we need to fix libvirt to disable secmem, since we've blocked
gnutls' own setup from running

Daniel