[libvirt-users] Cannot recv data: Connection reset by peer

Guillaume Thouvenin guillaume.thouvenin at polymtl.ca
Wed Apr 3 10:03:22 UTC 2013

Javi Legido <javi at legido.com> a écrit :

> There's a particular reason to compile libvirt rather than install the
> package for Ubuntu Server? And, there's a particular reason to use LXC?

Hello Javier,

The reason to compile libvirt is that I need a version >= 1.0.1 because
there are some features that are not available before this version (see
the post of Daniel P.Berrange about "How to give access to /dev/tty").
Currently the version provided by Ubuntu is 0.9.8.

And I'm using LXC because I want to start an X server in the container
and I also need to have access to the device /dev/nvidiaX. I guess that
I could use KVM with PCI-passthrough but unfortunately my BIOS doesn't
support IOMMU.

> I'm not an expert, but if you just want to start using KVM and install a VM
> I can help you through a simpler method.

Thanks for your help but I will continue to try LXC ;)

Best regards,
Guillaume