[libvirt-users] performance tradeoffs/penalty

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 12:02:19 UTC 2013

hi everybody

a newbie here, hoping some experienced users/expert can
honestly answer this one question,
and I think I realize all other advantages libvirtoffer but
simply performance,

does libvirt make a user pay penalty, even if only a small
amount, for using it when compared to raw qemu-kvm command line?
if it does where the overhead goes? quest or host, or maybe
both?
lastly
if overall performance is slower then how small it is
comparing to all the advantages it offers?

many thanks
and apologies if this subject was answered already in the past