[libvirt-users] Accessing libvirtd from multiple agents

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 20:08:31 UTC 2013

On 11.04.2013 19:47, arvind viswanathan wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if multiple remote agents can access the same libvirtd.
> How do we prevent conflicting commands from the different agents. Can
> different access permission be set for the agents? (The documentation
> usually goes over the case where one agent can access multiple libvirtd
> and not this case)
> Thanks
> Arvind

Currently, there is no way to assign several permission bits to
different users. The only division we have is RO vs RW connection. In RO
connection users can just gather info about domains/networks/etc. while
in RW they can do anything. However, the ACLs have been requested
several times and they are being worked on. But it's a huge amount of
work so I don't really know the exact date when they're released. In
fact, it's Dan Berrange who's working on it so he has some more details.

Michal