[libvirt-users] Shouldn't vol-upload / virStorageVolUpload() be doing some format conversion?

Guido Winkelmann guido-libvi at unknownsite.de
Mon Apr 15 17:52:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am considering starting a project libvirtvol under 2-clause BSD or maybe
Boost License in order to facilitate things like this. The goal would be to
have a consistent API to work with various hard disk image formats such as
qcow2, vmdk or vhd, offering operations such as create, open, close, read,
write, grow, shrink and discard (aka TRIM or hole-punching).

Do you think this would be a good idea? Or do you maybe know of some other
library that already solves this problem?

Of course, I can't make any guarantees about how this will work out and how
long it will take me.

	Guido