[libvirt-users] failure creating a snapshot volume within a lvm-based pool

Edoardo Comar ECOMAR at uk.ibm.com
Mon Apr 22 17:40:00 UTC 2013

Hi
I have defined a logical pool and a volume within it

# virsh vol-create-as images_lvm myvol 2G
Vol myvol created

# virsh vol-list images_lvm
Name                 Path
myvol                /dev/libvirt_images_vg/myvol

if I try to create another volume using the previous one as backing-vol,
the creation fails with what looks like an incorrect commandline for
lvcreate:

# virsh vol-create-as images_lvm myvol-instance 2G --backing-vol myvol
error: Failed to create vol myvol-instance
error: internal error Child process (/usr/sbin/lvcreate --name
myvol-instance -L 2097152K -s=/dev/libvirt_images_vg/myvol) unexpected
exit status 3: /usr/sbin/lvcreate: invalid option -- '='
  Error during parsing of command line.

Exactly the same happens if I specify a qcow2 format (the doc however says
that The logical volume pool does not use the volume format type element).

is this a known bug? I'm running Fedora 18
# virsh version
Compiled against library: libvirt 0.10.2
Using library: libvirt 0.10.2
Using API: QEMU 0.10.2
Running hypervisor: QEMU 1.2.2

regards,
Edoardo Comar
WebSphere Application Service Platform for Networks (ASPN)
ecomar at uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.