[libvirt-users] LIbvirt seclabel.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 13:50:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 04:45:03PM +0530, cooldharma06 wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i am new to the libvirt. Via libvirt i am converting my xen.com.sfg.
>
> In xen i added xsm label as, seclabel:system_u:domU_t.
>
> but after creating vm using xen or by convertdom-to-xml also does not
> contain any label or text with xen-4.2.1.
>
> in the documentation also you mentioned selinux label (sVirt) only. Can u
> clear me the following things:
>
> 1. How to use XSM label in libvirt.?
> 2. What are the procedures(syntax and tags) to use for xsm label in xml
> file.?

While libvirt has an XML schema for defining security labels for
virtual machines, no one has ever made the effort to get this wired
up for XSM. So its only available for SELinux/AppArmour in KVM or LXC
at this time.

If anyone has the dev skills + spare time to work on this we'd love to
see patches to support XSM in the libvirt Xen / libxl drivers...

Daniel