[libvirt-users] Running hypervisor upgrade problem

Naor Shlomo NaorS at Radware.com
Wed Aug 21 11:23:28 UTC 2013

Hello experts,

I tried upgrading libvirt and compiled version 1.1.1
The problem is that when I run "virsh version" I get the following output:

Compiled against library: libvirt 1.1.1
Using library: libvirt 1.1.1
Using API: QEMU 1.1.1
Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.12.1

The problem is that it reports that the Running hypervisor is: QEMU 0.12.1

I wanted to upgrade everything to the latest stable so I also upgraded the qemu-kvm to 1.5.2 but for some reason the reported qemu hypervisor is left outdated. Could you please tell me why is that and how do I upgrade it to the latest?

Thanks in advance,
Naor