[libvirt-users] Oracle RAC in libvirt+KVM environment

Timon Wang timonwst at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 05:58:24 UTC 2013

We wan't to setup two Oracle instance and make RAC work on them.
Both VM are setup based on libvirt + KVM, we use a lvm lun which
formated in qcow2 format and set the shareable properties in the disk
driver like this:

    <disk type='block' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='none'/>
      <source dev='/dev/81035c32-d2e4-4aaf-82fa-3e76ae587586/ca18f6a5-7c98-46ea-b562-9424e68a52f3'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
      <shareable/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </disk>

But when we use it as shared data disk like we use iscsi/FC disk for
shared data disk, the disk can't be recognized as a share disk, and
RAC can't be setup in the environment.

Any body can give me some guild on this?

I am wondering shareable in the libvirt config really makes the disk shareable?

How can I setup the RAC environment in this situable?

I found that vmware and vbox can do this according to a blog post, I
am wondering if kvm has this ability to make a disk really shareable.

--
Focus on: Server Vitualization, Network security,Scanner,NodeJS,JAVA,WWW
Blog: http://www.nohouse.net