[libvirt-users] Libvirt not getting connected to ESX server

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 4 09:34:21 UTC 2013

2013/8/3 varun bhatnagar <varun292006 at gmail.com>

> Thanks a ton for the reply Matthias. I tried your suggestion but now I got one more message saying:
>
> virsh # connect esx://172.16.73.14/?no_verify=1
>
> Enter username for 172.16.73.14 [root]: root
> Enter root's password for 172.16.73.14:
> error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
> error: internal error: curl_easy_perform() returned an error: Unsupported protocol (1) : Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl
>
> Is it because of the curl package? I thought of building curl with https support but there was no such option (--with-https). Can you please tell me why am I getting this.

Yes, this is because your libcurl was build without SSL support. You
need to enable an SSL backend when you build libcurl. libcurl support
several SSL libraries, see http://curl.haxx.se/docs/ssl-compared.html

There is a configure option for every single one of this SSL
libraries. I've been using GnuTLS, the configure option for this one
is --with-gnutls.

--
Matthias Bolte
http://photron.blogspot.com