[libvirt-users] Information needed regarding the libvirt version libvirt-1.0.6-1

arun abhinay arun.abhinay at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 11:35:29 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

We have mounted all the cgoup controllers at  "/dev/cgroup_<controller>" as
mentioned below.
ls /dev/ | grep cgroup
cgroup_cpu    cgroup_cpuacct       cgroup_cpuset         cgroup_mem

On further debugging we dound that the "VCPU" directories are not being
created for our domains and hence the comamnd "cpu-stats <domain>" is
failing.
Below is the snippet of logs collected with debug logs enabled for libvirt.

2013-08-21 15:03:35.162+0000: 1273: error : virCgroupMakeGroup:708 : Make
group /machine/anusha.libvirt-qemu/vcpu0
2013-08-21 15:03:35.162+0000: 1273: error : virCgroupMakeGroup:729 :
Makecontroller /dev/cgroup_cpu/machine/anusha.libvirt-qemu/vcpu0/
2013-08-21 15:03:35.162+0000: 1273: error : virCgroupMakeGroup:745 : Failed
to create controller cpu for group

Where anusha --> is the domain which was created for libvirt.
 Can you please let us know if it is enough to mount the controllers
mentioned above or we have missed mounting of any other controller. Your
inputs would be of great help to us. Thanking you in advance.

BR
Abhinay