[libvirt-users] Question about setns recognising in libvirt autoconf

hzguanqiang at corp.netease.com hzguanqiang at corp.netease.com
Mon Dec 9 05:06:35 UTC 2013

Hi experts,

When I test lxc container with lxc-enter-namespace command, It reported an error as
following:
root at debian:~/github/libvirt# vir lxc-enter-namespace lxc --noseclabel /bin/df -hl
error: Cannot get namespaces for 3145: Function not implemented

It seems that setns is not supported by my kernel.

But from the following info, It seemed the reason is just libvirt/autoconf doesn't
recgonise setns.
root at debian:~/github/libvirt# grep setns /proc/kallsyms
ffffffff8105b78b T SyS_setns
ffffffff8105b78b T sys_setns
root at debian:~/github/libvirt# ./configure | grep setns
checking for setns... no

What the problem really is ? How can I fix this problem?
Thanks~

Best regards!
GuanQiang

2013-12-09