[libvirt-users] Reg: Methods in DomainJobInfo

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Dec 23 19:57:25 UTC 2013

On 12/23/2013 03:38 AM, Rathidevi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to libvirt. Please explain about the units (which is bytes or KB or MB) and uses of DomainJobInfo and DomainBlockInfo methods. Like getMemRemaining(), getDataRemaining() etc.

virDomainBlockJobInfo intentionally does not document units - so the
underlying hypervisor can use whatever units it wants (bytes, 512-byte
blocks, 1k bytes, 4k pages, etc) - all that we guarantee is that the
remaining value gradually increases until it reaches the end value at
the end of the job.

I'm not sure where you are referring to getMemRemaining() from - there
is no C function by that name.  Is this in the context of a different
language binding?  If so, it's probably an accessor function to the
virDomainBlockJobInfo type of the C bindings:

http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainBlockJobInfo

> Using libvirt version is libvirt-0.5.1.

I hope you meant 1.0.5.1, as 0.5.1 is woefully out of date.