[libvirt-users] Live migration without block copy

Paul Mathews pmathews at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 18:25:02 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I'm trying to get live migration without block copying working in a custom
solution, but I think I need a better understanding of the migration
process. In my environment, I have two iscsi targets exported which are
then placed into a raid via mdadm on the compute node. I've tried using the
already exposed hook on stop to disassemble and re-export storage, and I
also made my own when the source hits perform3_done phase, but at that
point the md device is still locked. It seems like there should be a time
in a live migration where both instances are in a paused state and
everything has been flushed to disk, I'm just not familiar enough with the
code to determine where that is.

-Paul