Re: [libvirt-users] internal error: unexcepted domain type lxc, excepted one of these: qemu, kqemu, kvm, xen

On 12/11/2013 11:56 AM, Florian Klink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not able to create lxc domains anymore with libvirt 1.2.0-1.
>

> # virsh create vm.xml

What does 'virsh uri' output?  My guess is that your older version of
libvirt was built with JUST lxc support, and that your new version has
BOTH lxc and qemu support.  By not specifying an explicit connection,
you are probably defaulting to qemu, which explains the failure.  If I'm
right, then

# virsh -c lxc:/// create vm.xml

will resolve your situation (you can also set environment variables so
that you don't have to always remember the -c option).

> However, ./configure reports that LXC support is compiled in:
>
> configure: Drivers
> configure:
> configure: Xen: no
> configure: QEMU: yes

Yes, but it also reports that qemu is compiled in, and we don't have any
hard-and-fast rules about which URI is tried first if you don't specify
an explicit URI with the -c option.