Re: [libvirt-users] First & long question

On 12/16/2013 08:53 AM, Joaquim Barrera wrote:

[please don't top-post on technical lists]

> Excuse me for the duplicate anwer but I observed exactly what I was
> telling you. I execute "sudo ./run tools/virsh" and then:

If you are running virsh as sudo, then you must remember that virsh is
running under root, not you.

> 'connect qemu+ssh://user IP_ADDRESS:PORT/system' and it asks me the
> password. Everything goes right.

Yes, for a single connection, remote password authentication over
qemu+ssh works.

> 'migrate --verbose --persistent --copy-storage-inc VM1
> qemu+ssh://user IP_ADDRESS:PORT/system' and it asks me the password, but
> never gets it right. I allways get to the third attempt and get rejected.

That's because the qemu+ssh URI has an inherent design limitation that
it can only validate a single connection, but migration requires two
connections.  You can try qemu+libssh:// URIs instead, which is supposed
to resolve the authentication issues by using libssh within virsh
instead of an external call to ssh(1) (although I haven't tried it
myself).  Or you can set up passwordless login over ssh (such as by
using ssh-copy-id) - but remember that you must set it up so that root
can access user IP_ADDRESS:PORT (since 'sudo virsh' is running as root,
not you).