[libvirt-users] How to Position a Network Interface in Physical PCI Slot

Thiru Murugan thirumuru11 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 06:02:50 UTC 2013

Hi ,

I would like to assign a Network Interface card to Physical Slot X in the
virtual machine,

I have gone through the XML file definition[Now i have some idea on how to
position the Network Interface in Logical PCI Slot.]

I am NOT interested in using a PCI Pass-through from the Host.

currently running  Fedora 19  with libvirt 1.2.0

I would like to create an network interface card on Physical Slot 5 so all
my network interfaces under the pci-bridge get detected as pci5px

Regards
Thiru