[libvirt-users] Connect libvirt to iSCSI target

John Ferlan jferlan at redhat.com
Fri Dec 27 19:12:43 UTC 2013

On 12/23/2013 08:37 AM, Marco wrote:

<...snip...>

>> Still the whole issue occurred in late October which I is within the
>> same time frame of 1.1.4 which you are using.  So what is your libiscsi
>> version.
>
> My libiscsi version is 1.4.0

That could be the issue... From the upstream github libiscsi repo, the
following commit could be what's causing your issue:

https://github.com/sahlberg/libiscsi/commit/e061cba1b91650ab08ae8fa50e8cadb13ac3d97d

According to how I read the commit - the fix is in 1.10.0.

Without using some sort of packet/network sniffer or getting a more
clear error message regarding that the failure was because there's a
"%3A" in the libvirt created URI, I cannot say for sure. But I would
certainly be inclined to believe that could be the problem.

The libvirt API 'virURIFormat()' will call 'xmlSaveUri()' to generate a
URI from whatever is found in the pool or domain XML. I know that the
generated URI has a '%3A' in it from my experience...

John