[libvirt-users] Migrate VM's to different storage pool?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 19:50:04 UTC 2013

On 02/12/2013 12:01 PM, Jamie Fargen wrote:
> Eric,

Again, please don't top-post on technical lists.

> Following along with your direction I get stuck at virsh blockcopy. I
> receive an error "unsupported configuration: block copy is not supported
> with this QEMU binary."
>
> As I originally explained this host is running Red Hat EL6.3.

I must have missed that (I just reread the thread, and this appears to
be the first mention in this thread, although you may have mentioned it
in other threads).  And yes, knowing that changes my answer slightly,
because:

> Is live blockcopy supported in EL6.3?

Unfortunately not.  If you need live blockcopy, you either have to use
upstream qemu, or RHEV 3.x.  In the meantime, consider opening a support
incident with Red Hat in order to add your voice to others in requesting
that Red Hat consider supporting a backport of this feature in RHEL.
The best that RHEL 6.3 qemu supports is offline operations.