[libvirt-users] Changing QoS on-the-fly

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 13:53:06 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 04:17 AM, Davide Guerri wrote:
> Hi all,
> it's possible to change/add the QoS settings for a running domain?
>
> I edited the domain definition with virsh but it seems to have no effect until I shut down the domain.

You are correct that 'virsh edit' only affects the next boot of a guest;
to change parameters on the fly, you have to use hotplug commands.
Which particular QoS settings in the XML are you trying to change, so I
can point out which virsh command is the hotplug for that setting?  For
example, 'virsh memtune' can be used to hotplug in new values for the
<memtune> XML element.