[libvirt-users] Host information from libvirt KVM/Xen

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 13:26:39 UTC 2013

On 02/14/2013 04:42 AM, Parakkal, Navin S wrote:
> Hi,

[Please don't top-post on technical lists]

>    Is this not supported for Xen ?  I get something like the below for Xen+ssh .
>
> libvir: error : this function is not supported by the connection driver: virNodeGetCPUStats
> libvir: error : this function is not supported by the connection driver: virNodeGetMemoryStats

Indeed, that appears to be the case.  Patches are welcome, and it may be
as simple as wiring up xen/xen_driver.c to reuse the same node-generic
functions already in use by qemu; that is, adding something like the
following four lines:

    .nodeGetCPUStats = nodeGetCPUStats, /* 1.0.3 */
    .nodeGetMemoryStats = nodeGetMemoryStats, /* 1.0.3 */
    .nodeGetCellsFreeMemory = nodeGetCellsFreeMemory, /* 1.0.3 */
    .nodeGetFreeMemory = nodeGetFreeMemory, /* 1.0.3 */

However, as I tend to develop for qemu rather than xen, I probably won't
be able to test this any time soon, so having someone else try and test
the patch will help it get implemented faster.