[libvirt-users] LibVirt CPU problem

Michael Beham beham08 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:17:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

I´m testing to start a KVM-VM with different CPU settings and I get an
weird error when I use the parameter: <cpu mode='host-model'> !!
I have a AMD Opteron 4280 CPU, but in the VM, proc/cpuinfo shows me,
that I´m using Intel core2duo cpu model T7700 and in the flag-line of
proc/cpu the system is listing the svm-flag of AMD?!?! If I use <cpu
mode='host-passthrough'> I get the right CPU-model listed in the VM!

Anyone an idea why I get the wrong information with host-model?

BTW some further information about used versions:
LibVirt version is 0.9.12
qemu-kvm 1.0
Kernel 3.3.2

Cheers,