[libvirt-users] Regarding Ivshmem support

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 14:11:44 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013 05:16 AM, Mrugani Kurtadikar wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am using virsh 0.9.8 My qemu is 1.0 version.
> I would like to use Ivshmem device from virsh command line.

Is Ivshmem even supported on a qemu that old?

> It is possible to use ivshmem device from qemu command line.But its not
> working if I am giving -device ivshmem device in xml config file.
> Does virsh support ivshmem device.??

There have been patches proposed for libvirt to implement the support
natively:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-November/msg00731.html

But that work is not yet incorporated into libvirt (it is still under
discussion); in the meantime, while waiting for it to be resolved, you
can use qemu passthrough to specify the arguments that libvirt does not
map: http://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html#qemucommand

You can use 'virsh edit' to add in your arbitrary qemu command-line
arguments.