[libvirt-users] Libvirt node is not getting booted through network with KVM too

Varun Bhatnagar varun.bhatnagar at tcs.com
Wed Jan 16 05:20:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry for putting the images. Posting this question again.
I am trying to boot my node through network with the following
configuration (even with KVM it is not getting booted):

< domain type='kvm'>
  < name>Node-2-3</name>

  < os>
    < type>hvm</type>
    < boot dev='network'/>
    < boot dev='hd'/>

  < /os>

  < memory>654321</memory>
  < vcpu>1</vcpu>

  < interface type='internal'>
    < source name='test1'/>
    < model type='am79c970a'/>
    < mac address='20:00:00:0F:03:01'/>
  < /interface>

  < interface type='internal'>
    < source name='test2'/>
    < model type='am79c970a'/>
    < mac address='20:00:00:0F:03:02'/>
  < /interface>

    <!--BRIDGE-->
    < interface type='bridge'>
      < source bridge='vboxtap0'/>
      < mac address='20:00:00:0F:03:03'/>
      < model type='am79c973'/>
    < /interface>

< /domain>

But I am getting an error message saying:
Fatal: Could not read from the boot medium! System halted.

Even my network setting is not getting reflected in the Virtualbox.

Can you suggest me what is wrong with this configuration. I think to boot
a node from network we need to define a boot server but where shall I add
that, I am confused....

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Varun
and any attachments. Thank you