[libvirt-users] not able to stop vmware player node through libvirt API

Pierre Schweitzer pierre at reactos.org
Thu Jan 24 17:05:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

from my own experience, I spotted that libvirt, when interfaced with
vmware always attempt to issue soft reboots for destroy action (as you
can see from CL). Whereas it appears that they are likely to fail.
Switching to hard shutdown works.
As you can't fix libvirt (unless you want), I'd recommend you use a
boostrap script for this, that switch soft to hard.

As for example: http://www.pschweitzer.fr/?p=22#more-22

With my best regards,
Pierre Schweitzer