[libvirt-users] Unable to allocate multiple vcpus using virt-install

Peeyush Gupta gpeeyush at ymail.com
Tue Jul 9 09:43:54 UTC 2013

I am trying to run a VM on Ubuntu 12.04 which in turn is guest on Fedora 18 host. I am using qemu, kvm and libvirt. I tried to run the following command:

virt-install --name dsl --ram 1024 --vcpus 2 --cdrom /home/peeyush/Downloads/some_iso_file.iso --disk path=/path_to_disk
My machine here runs with only one vcpu. While when I tried the exact same thing on my Fedora 18 host, it shows two cpus. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
~Peeyush Gupta