[libvirt-users] nova-compute, libvirt and authentication

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 07:58:36 UTC 2013

On 07/01/2013 01:27 PM, Maciej Gałkiewicz wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a question about live migration when libvirt requires sasl
> authentication. I have managed to configure remote access for user nova
> with sasl enabled (credentials stored in auth.conf -
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/12706/). It looks like live migration do
> not use these credentials at all. What is more it thinks that sasl is not
> not configured:

I'd say this is a problem with sasl, nothing else.  "No mechanism found"
may mean that libraries for configured mechanism aren't found or unknown
mechanism is being requested.  I doubt that access to those libraries
would be a permisison problem, but you might be missing some
cyrus-sasl-* package.  What distro are you running on and what
sasl-related packages do you have installed?